Lit from Within: Avengers Assemble!
-->

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Avengers Assemble!

I have other polish posts waiting in the queue, but this one is timely, because we're going to see the movie!

I wanted to do a mani with each nail representing someone in the movie, but I wanted it somewhat abstract.  Hubby, a huge comic book nerd, helped me plan the color scheme, but I did all the designs and painting myself.

Base colors on my left hand...


 ...and on my right.. can't tell much yet!


Adding the second layer of color..



 And the finished mani! Can you tell who is represented?


 
Spoilers:  Captain America, Loki, Thor, Iron Man, and a SHIELD rep.


This was all freehand, and took me several tries.  Who knew that circles and stars are so friggin' hard to paint with a nail brush?!?

Right hand:

  

Spoilers:  SHIELD, Black Widow, Hawkeye, (yes, I know he wears black in the movie, but in the books, he wears purple) Hulk, (also choosing to show his traditional purple shorts, even though they're tan in the movie) and Nick Fury.  Nick's nail is hubby's fave.  Mine is Iron Man.

I've heard the movie is fantastic, can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...