Lit from Within: None More Black
-->

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

None More Black

Hello, Fireflies!

This month's NCC theme is Music/Movies/TV, and I had to go with one of my fave movies.. about a (fake) band - that also happened to have some great music - Spinal Tap!

If you're a fan, you know that the album they put out during the movie is a completely black album:



So, of course, I had to do a completely black mani!  This is my fave one-coat black, Cult Nails Nevermore.

my fave one-coat black, Cult Nails Nevermore.

I've seen versions of this mani where people use combinations of matte and glossy polishes in the same color, so I dotted Cult Nails Fetish, a wax-finish black, on top.  It kinda looks like my mani got the measles...

Which is kinda apropo for This Is Spinal Tap, really.  It's not like I could make my mani spontaneously combust.

dotted Cult Nails Fetish, a wax-finish black

Bottle shot:  Cult Nails Nevermore and Fetish.

Bottle shot:  Cult Nails Nevermore and Fetish.

This is a pretty black mani.  I mean, how much more black could it be?






26 comments:

  1. Nice mani for the theme. Still have no idea what to do for it but hopefully I can get some going soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect mani for the theme! Love Cult Nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some awesome simple manicure. Love the dots and the sleekness of black. You have some of the best manis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a dotticure, I love the contrast of glossy and matte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrast of the matte dots against the shiny black

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!! So simple, yet unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I did something similar with Cult Nails Evil Queen and Wax That!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need the black, and the waxy finish polish is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great nail design. Love the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, you make every mani looks so easy. I think I can handle this, go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Love spinal tap-- it's about time I see that movie again. I like the layering of the blacks, very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look. I keep meaning to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! I still don't have any Cult Nails polishes - must change this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your mani and of course Spinal Tap--a classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A creative manicure with only black! Brilliant, completely fits with the song! It couldn't be blacker :p

    ReplyDelete
  16. KILLER!!!!! I'm doing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...