Lit from Within: My Hip is Too Square
-->

Friday, January 27, 2017

My Hip is Too Square


Hello, Fireflies!


Children of the '80's, you're welcome for the earworm.

I always tell people that I came into this world backwards, and things just got weirder from there.

The truth is, I did come into this world bottom first! I was folded over, and they pulled me out by my heiney.  I always feel bad for my mom when I tell that story.

In the process, my hip became dislocated, and no one noticed until I started walking.. and I was a little lopsided.  By then, it was too late to just stick my leg back in to the socket, so my folks found a doctor who would reconstruct my hip when I was about 18 months old.

I guess I knew it wouldn't last forever, and it has been giving me more and more trouble.  I saw an X-Ray of it yesterday, and the joint is all squished and jaggedy, and doesn't look much like a hip joint anymore!  It explains why I can barely sit at my computer for a few minutes at a time, and I'm using a cane to walk.  It's one of the reasons I've been slow to get back to business. 

I finally saw a surgeon who will replace my hip for me... in a few months... so I'm going to bite the bullet and get a laptop so that I can get back to blogging.  I've missed it, and y'all!  I'm still out there trying new things, and I'm even working on organizing my makeup collection, so there are things to share with y'all, and I love hearing about what inspires you.  In the meantime, I continue to announce things on Twitter, share things that inspire me on my Facebook page, and post snapshots of my life on Instagram.

Anyone out there gone bionic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...