Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Birthstone color
-->

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Stamping - Birthstone color



This Sunday's challenge was all about the birthstone color.  As a February baby, my stone is the Amethyst, which is purple.  I love purple.  LOVE. My camera, however, does not.  So, the one thing (You had ONE job, camera!) I'm supposed to showcase, I screw up.  Does this look like purple?

Above The Curve Lemming Have It!

Above The Curve Lemming Have It!

In Real Life, it is a stunning royal purple with a blue shift.  The purple in the bottle is actually pretty close to the real color.  At any rate, this is a beautiful polish, and purple shows off the holo really nicely.  

Above The Curve Lemming Have It!

I have this stamping plate I bought from a blog sale that has no name or identifier.  It's a large, rectangular plate and that's where I got both of the stamps for today's design.

Above The Curve Lemming Have It! with Aquarian stamp

I'm so clever, I put a stamp of Aquarius, the Water Bearer, on my birthstone mani.  See what I did there?

Above The Curve Lemming Have It! with Aquarian stamp

The stamping was done with two of my favorite stamping polishes - Essie Nothing Else Metals, and Maybeline Bold Gold.  Here's the bottle shot:

Bottle shot:  Above the Curve Lemming Have It!,  Essie Nothing Else Metals, and Maybeline Bold Gold

I love my birthstone.  Do you like yours?

If you'd like more information about Above The Curve, you can find them on Facebook, and on their BigCartel shop.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great birthstone manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always loved my birthstone. I make a great Aquarian! lol

      Delete
  2. Cute! Fellow aquarian here, I love the base colour you used x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...