Lit from Within: April Fools!
-->

Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools!

You thought you were getting a regular post with my nubbins?  April Fools!  I did a few manis for friends and family that I want to share with you today.

My sis-in-law asked for this design while I was visiting.  I'd never done her nails before, but she liked how they came out.  The base is Rimmel London I Lilac You, and the white and silver are done with nail art stripers.



My friend Toni showed me a pix of this mani and asked if I could recreate it.  I did my best!  The thumbs and ring fingers are painted with Cult Nails Tempest, which is quickly becoming my fave white.  The pink is Revlon Colorstay Wild Strawberry.  So fun and bright. I made the hearts and dots with a dotting tool.



Toni's mom, Jill, wanted Julep Eloise, a navy blue, with Girly Bits Fathomless on top.  She also wanted a skull/butterfly design, so I found this one on YouTube and tried to copy it. 


Maybe it was a zombie butterfly.


On the other hand, she just wanted a skull.  The second time was better, I think.



It's not easy doing other people's nails, but I enjoy the challenge.  I have to push myself to do things that are other people's vision, and that's a lot of fun.  I hope you enjoyed this April Fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...