Lit from Within: Nail Challenge Collaborative - Summertime Flowers
-->

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Summertime Flowers


Is February almost over?  What happened? It just zoomed by, with my birthday, and getting sick, and long weekends with the husband.  There was a challenge? Really?

Well, part of my reticence is because this month's theme is 'summer'. Well, it's been really, really, cold - even here in Florida.  And, I kinda like it.  I have been *loving* this seasons dark, vampy shades, textures, metallics, everything.  I am not the biggest fan of summer here, because it's HOT. Yes, I'll start complaining now.  During the summer here, I just want to stay inside with the A/C on.

So... I hadn't gotten around to doing any summery manis.  Then, I looked in my vault of unused manis, and found this perfectly summery one to get the ball rolling!  This is Sally Hansen Sugar Coat in Pink Sprinkle - a fun, bright, lightly sparkly pinky-red.

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat in Pink Sprinkle - a fun, bright, lightly sparkly pinky-red

It isn't quite as sparkly as their newer line of Sugar Coat polishes, but it's not matte at all. Perfect for a fun, but not too in-your-face type mani.

It isn't quite as sparkly as their newer line of Sugar Coat polishes, but it's not matte at all

Well, you know me, Ms. Subtlety.  A layer of topcoat gives this polish a candy-like quality! Perfect for a few sugary-sweet flowers and butterflies.


See?  Subtle.  I knew you'd agree.


I've got three more summery nail arts to fit in before the end of the month! Can I make it?  Are you even ready for summer colors yet?



28 comments:

  1. Totally agree that it seemed like February just flew by! Very nice summer mani with the flowers! Love the base color a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I couldn't believe I hadn't done any of the challenge manis! lol. Thanks, Lisa!

      Delete
  2. Now that you've mentioned vault, I want to see the treasures inside your mysterious vault *winks* Belated b'day greetings! I have been sick too, boo this weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, girl, my mind soooo went in the gutter. *ahem* LOL! The vault is mostly stuff I didn't feel like posting at the time - all the really good stuff goes on the blog right away! haha.

      Delete
  3. This really makes me think of candy LOL - super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani is absolutely adorable, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And totally impractical! Can anyone really wear fimo for more than 2 minutes?

      Delete
  5. This mani is making me think of Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't even know how hard it was to think Summer. I did another mani and my husband was like, nope - Spring, not Summer. Finally pulled out some neons to finish the challenge!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I've been finding them on clearance or for good prices in blog sales. I like the Sugar Shimmers, too - they're more sparkly!

      Delete
  7. Your nails make me want to have a Hawaiian alcoholic beverage....my favorite ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something with pineapple and coconut? Sign me up!

      Delete
  8. Those little flowers are so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fimo, it just doesn't stick around for very long on me. :)

      Delete
  9. That texture is really interesting. Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the fact that if you don't want the texture, it looks just as good - if not a little different - with topcoat. Textures are versatile!

      Delete
  10. Oh that's so pretty! Love the pretty nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are a lot of cute fimos out there. :)

      Delete
  11. i love the sugar coat in that colour because it reminds me of those sugar coated jelly lollies. You know the ones I mean?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be a candy that we don't have in the US? But I love that it reminds you of something you love. :)

      Delete
  12. From the textures to the flowers, it's gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was super easy, too - but it didn't last long!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. thanks! I hope that textured polishes are around for a long time, I really like the dimension they add with a touch of sparkle.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...