Lit from Within: BL Stripey Socks
-->

Friday, December 7, 2012

BL Stripey Socks

I know you were sad that yesterday I only showed you a little bit of BL Fiddlesticks.  So here's a swatch of it in all it's raspberry glittery goodness.




Like most BL, this has an amazing formula, and the glitter is opaque in 2 coats.  Even without topcoat, it was smooth, but a little matte.

I used tiny striping tape to create this effect with BL Scouse.  I got my inspiration from this look by Miss Ladyfinger.


Scouse needed two coats to be opaque, but with the tape, I couldn't wait for a layer to dry and then apply another layer, so I just put one very thick layer on.  You can actually see the difference in thickness in the pix above, but a thick topcoat like Seche Vite can help blend the layers together and create the illusion of one layer.



Makes me think of wild, stripey socks from the 80's. 

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...