Lit from Within: Stamping Sunday - winter challenge, and an unexpected dupe!
-->

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stamping Sunday - winter challenge, and an unexpected dupe!



When I saw that the challenge was for a winter scene, my thoughts went immediately to a soft blue and grey background.

I had just received my LVX polishes from SneakPeek (or Haute Look, to be honest, I can't remember!) and I loved this one, called Callais.


...but take another look.  Do you see that not all the polishes are the same?

I mixed in the HTF and very sought after OPI What's with the Cattitude? from the Shrek collex.  It's on my thumb, if you couldn't tell.  In RL, my hubby couldn't tell, either.  The only difference I noted was in the application.  The OPI took three coats, and was a bit more jelly-like, but it didn't self-level.  The LVX actually had a nicer formula.  If you're interested, as of this writing, the LVX is still available on their site.


Because I was stamping, I didn't bother with a sponged gradient, but just brushed on Hare Ancient Affairs.  This is a beautiful soft grey with a blue shimmer.

Then, with Milani White on the Spot and Bundle Monster 323, I stamped on my snowflakes.


I imagine them drifting down, like they do in those old Rankin-Bass Christmas specials.  Which, I know, dates me.  And some of the younger kids don't like them, but for my money - it's just not Christmas season until I've watched Rudolph, and Frosty, and Jack Frost.. and The Year Without A Santa Claus.. and Rudolph's Shiny New Year... 

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...