Lit from Within: Shattered Glass, 80's Style
-->

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Shattered Glass, 80's Style


Hello, Fireflies!

Ready for today's stamping challenge?  It's full of eye-searing neon goodness, with a dash of 'hey, that wasn't supposed to happen' and a smidge of 'black stamping for the win!'

I didn't know that China Glaze Thistle Do Nicely was a neon when I got it out.  I like neons okay.  They dry quickly, so you have to work quickly.  And, they make me look like I got a tan.

China Glaze Thistle Do Nicely

Today's challenge is to do a 'Funky French' so I rifled through my tips plates. 

I *rarely* use these.  I don't have enough 'tip' for these to make much sense, usually.  But I thought this tip from Mash 27 would look good even if it wasn't a whole stamp.  I used China Glaze Cosmic Dust for the stamping.

Mash 27 and China Glaze Hologram Cosmic Dust for the stamping

In my mind, this was going to look like shattered pieces of glass, twinkling on the pink background.  Instead, it's a lot of squinting to see if the stamp transferred.


So, I got out my Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and stamped it again, and then did a little more Cosmic Dust over that.  Gone is the shattered glass effect; now there's an 80's vibe.


 Bottle shot:  China Glaze Thistle Do Nicely, China Glaze Cosmic Dust, and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

 Bottle shot:  China Glaze Thistle Do Nicely, China Glaze Cosmic Dust, and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

A lot of my nail art is made up of 'oops' and then, 'I totally meant to do that!'.  No one can tell you that your art isn't right.  Own it.  And then, if you're still not happy, slap some glitter on it!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Funny how it didn't start out that way.. but I suppose I just came back to my roots. Class of '89!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think this neon pink would look great on you!

      Delete
  3. I really love it. Kinda looks like your tips got ran over with a tire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tips look funky! I really like this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. This color would look great on you! I think I remember an OOTD you posted with a skirt this color.

      Delete
  6. I love this mani. I want to do something similar... gonna see what I can use similar to your stamps/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small dotting tool would give an interesting effect!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I think it can also be seen from outer space... lol

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...