Lit from Within: A Cute Mud Mask! #HelloCutieMudMask
-->

Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Cute Mud Mask! #HelloCutieMudMask



Hello, Cutie! I mean, Fireflies!

Hello Cutie is a strange name for a mud mask.. who looks cute in a mud mask? I have to say, though, I felt super cute AFTER the mask!  This is a pretty great one.

If you've been a reader of my blog for a bit, you've seen me review a bunch of masks.  I have really acquired an appreciation for all that they can do for my skin.  I enjoy lots of different kinds of masks, but my favorite for my oily skin has got to be the mud or clay mask.
But not all clay masks are equally good for my aging skin as they are for my oily skin.  Hello Cutie seems to have been made with my kind of skin issues in mind.  It's made with all kinds of great stuff - activated charcoal to absorb toxins, kaolin clay to absorb oil, aloe to soothe and heal the skin, green tea and pomegranate for vitamin c and antioxidants, hyaluronic acid for moisture retention, licorice for brightening, and plant oils for nourishing, to name a few.

They only use natural preservatives - no sulfates, parabens, or petroleum products.


The mask looks like the charcoal it contains, is pretty gelatinous, and cooling, and it smells strongly of mint - all things I like in a mask.  I prefer to apply all of my masks now with a foundation paddle or mask brush to keep the mess and contamination to a minimum.  The brush it came with was pretty useless, though.  I wash all my brushes before using them, and it shed so much..and never stopped!  It's pretty thin, too.  I didn't even bother with it.

I tried to go for the 'cutie' application, but I think it came out less 'kawaii' and more 'scary clown'.  I did end up applying it all over my face, though you can use this as a spot treatment, or as part of a multi-mask, if you like.
The after pix has not been altered in any way, except cropped.  I was so happy with how my face looked, I had to take a picture.  My skin felt amazing - soft, bright, and nourished.  I'm definitely going to keep using this mask!

I was inspired by the packaging for this 'cutie' nail art!  The base is Zoya Pippa, my favorite bright yellow polish.  The square stamps were done with KBShimmer Stark Raven Mad, a black holo, and my Bundle Monster 203 plate.  The 'Cutie' stamps were done with Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Bundle Monster 425 plate.


For more information, or to purchase, you can find Glam Essentials Hello Cutie Mud Mask on Amazon, where it currently retails for $27.77.  You can get 20% off with the code:  GETGLAM2.  If you're not happy for any reason, they have a 60-day unconditional money-back guarantee, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...