Lit from Within: "Golden Rose" Makeup & Nails with Catrice, Becca, and Dance Legend
-->

Monday, August 3, 2015

"Golden Rose" Makeup & Nails with Catrice, Becca, and Dance Legend


Hello, Fireflies!

I was so excited to hear that Ulta was now carrying Catrice makeup, I placed a little order for a few of their things!  I put together a makeup and nails look using some of them, and a few other things.  I hope you like lots of pictures and swatches!

With all of the makeup I have, there are two types I keep finding myself reaching for:  metallics, and orange/golds.  I think I must miss the Disco era.


Until this point, I'd only tried Catrice nail polish, so I picked up a couple of their lipsticks from their Ultimate Stay collection.  I'm wearing Plum & Base for this look.  It's like a satin matte, very comfortable, pretty long-wearing on me.  I can't get enough berry lippies.


For the eye look, I couldn't wait to try out these Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows.  I also added in a few Makeup Geek shadows, too (later this week, I'll have a post with my MG swatches).  I used We Are The Champagnes in the inner corner and 1/3 of the lid, MG Cosmopolitan in the center, blended out into Catrice Nougat It Right.  Pretty sure I used MG Cupcake as a transition shade, too.
On the eyes:  Milani Eye Shadow Primer, It Cosmetics Brow Power in Universal Taupe, It Cosmetics Tightline mascara, Physicians Formula Eye Booster liquid eyeliner in Ultra Black, and Makeup Geek and Catrice Eyeshadows.
The Catrice Eyeshadows are beautiful and shiny, with Nougat It Right being the least shiny.  The shadows are really firm in the pan - you can really feel the texture stamped on them, and they did crack on me when I depotted them.  I thought they would be hard to apply, but they really weren't.  Using a little ELF Mix 'n Set gave me more metallic sheen, which I loved. 
I didn't need another highlighter.  Thanks to the excellent marketing blitz by Becca, I saw a lot of swatches of the Becca highlighter collab with Jaclyn Hill, and I fell in love with that rosy champagne glow.  I guess since I didn't use any contour, I technically strobed with this, but I used a pretty light hand.  It's very finely milled, and glowy, and I really like it.
That glow is highlighter, and happiness!
On the face:  Cover FX Illuminating Primer (not pictured) It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof in Neutral Medium, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder, Clinique Cheek Pop in Cola Pop, and Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop.
What goes better with a rosy-gold complection than rose gold nails stamped with roses? 


Dance Legend 48 looks like an unassuming holo in the bottle, but it is all kinds of amazing on the nail.  I couldn't take enough pictures to show you all the color shifting.  It goes from purple taupe to violet, to a rose gold to an orange gold, depending on how the light hits it.  I was transfixed. 


I used LeaLac plate B and Finger Paints Black Expressionism for the stamping over Dance Legend 48.
Are you loving rose gold and metallics like I am?  What's your favorite rose gold product right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...