Lit from Within: From Bare-faced to Bare Minerals
-->

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

From Bare-faced to Bare Minerals


Hello, Fireflies!

I have a small addiction to makeup freebies and GWP.  Bare Minerals is always putting together cute kits, having sales, and freebies, and I've amassed a small army of of their products.  I've tried a few things, and have fallen in love with others, but I hadn't tried a full face of their products yet.  So when I was putting together another blog post on some hair products, I decided to play with some Bare Minerals stuff and see how I liked it!

I love the way loose shadow looks, but I have to admit, I have to make myself reach for them.  I've become a palette girl.  I have a bunch of Bare Minerals shadows, but I picked out their palette in The Look Of Love, with its soft purples and golds.  I used all 4 colors in this look, and no other shadows.  I'm in love, love, love with that gold highlight, and the dark purple crease/outer V color is made for my brown eyes.

I paired the shadows with Bare Minerals Round The Clock eyeliner in 4PM, an eggplant purple.  Love the color, though up close my liner looks a little choppy.
I also used the Bare Minerals Lash Domination mascara for this look.  It's a heavy, wet mascara, which isn't my favorite formula.  It tends to be really hard for me to get off my eyes, and then I get really irritated, goopy eyes the next day.  I like this much better after it's been open for a bit, and isn't so wet.  It doesn't give my lashes much length, but it does give them some volume.


I really hadn't tried a lot of the Bare Minerals face products before, and that's their main thing... which is a little silly, in retrospect!  I don't know why I decided to pair their Complexion Rescue Gel Cream with Smashbox Oil Primer.  I won't do that again.  I don't need an oil primer with my oily skin.  It wasn't awful, but I think I could have gotten longer wear with a water-based primer.  The Rescue Gel is a very light, tinted gel, which works with this more natural look.  I prefer light coverage, anyway.  I tried setting it with their Flawless Radiance powder, but that was too dark, and worked better as a bronzer.  Next, I tried the Brightening Pearl Perfect Light Mineral Veil, and I liked that finish. I used the Bare Minerals Blush in Bloom for a natural rosy flush of color.

The concealer was so strange to me - I've never used a powder concealer before! I didn't think it was going to work, but it did! I'm definitely going to use that again.  So great on my oily skin - no creasing, either.

In addition to all the Bare Minerals stuff, I also used my Urban Decay shadow Primer, IT Cosmetics Brow Power in Universal Taupe, and Smashbox Primer Oil.

I've always been a big fan of the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lippies.  I enjoy the minty taste and the luxurious feel.  Maverick is a very soft, neutral pink - a MLBB kind of color. 

I really like that soft, almost-no-makeup-makeup l look I achieved with the Bare Minerals products.  They weren't as messy or difficult to use as I thought they might be. If you're comfortable using a brush or a Beauty Blender-type sponge, you can use mineral makeup. 

Have you tried Bare Minerals?  Do you have a favorite product of theirs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...