Lit from Within: Ms. Ruby Stipple-tips
-->

Friday, April 27, 2012

Ms. Ruby Stipple-tips

I think the title of this post sounds like a posh English lady.  I imagine it in my head said with a very dignified accent like in Pride and Prejudice or Emma (from the BBC, natch)

Anyhoo, I was trying to do a version of this manicure I saw on Pinterest.  I don't have much in the way of creativity, but I like trying to copy or make my own version of stuff I see other people do.  I wish I was more creative, but we do the best with what we have.

So, I started with this Revlon polish I got at Big Lots for a buck.  Lilac Pastelle.  It was worth about a buck, too.  Streaky, thick, bunchy application.  Probably going to send it to Zoya for their Earth Day promo. 

Then I used another Big Lots polish,  Colormates Metallic Venom (love the name) and two different sized dotting tools to make the tip.  In retrospect, even though my nails are obviously all shaped differently, I should have stuck with either straight or curved tips for all the nails, because it just looks like I couldn't make up my mind.  I wish I could grow and shape them all the same, but I don't seem to be that talented...




My right hand was a disaster, but I painted it, so I might as well show it to the one or two people reading this! lol.  I do like these colors, though.  I have a LOT of purple polishes, and can't seem to get enough.  And the lilac (though it is really pink) is flattering to my skintone. 



Dotting tools are da bomb-diggity, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...