Lit from Within: stamping rodeo
-->

Sunday, April 22, 2012

stamping rodeo

A bit ago, I bought the entire Rodeo Diva collection from China Glaze.  I've never purchased an entire collection before!  I saw it swatched on blogs and decided I needed every color, they were so beautiful.  I paired two of them for this manicure:  Lasso My Heart (light purple) and Midnight Ride (blackened purple).


Lasso My Heart is a beautiful color, and I'm glad I own it!  It's a glowing mauve-y purple with a shimmer. 

I then stamped it with Midnight Ride, which looks purple in the bottle (above) but in the stamp, you couldn't really see as much purple as I would have liked.   It makes a nice contrast with LMH, without the stark contrast of a black, though, which I think is a softer look.


I've been reading a lot of Chloe's nails lately, and she loves to do black french tips, so I thought I'd try free-handing some with the MR.


It didn't turn out too badly, but I think it would look better if my nails were long and square like hers!  I'm going to keep trying, though.  One of the reasons I like having this blog is that it's a chance to show nail art on "everywoman nails.'  Mine are short and stubby, and my nail beds are very small, and my nails typically don't grow very long before they start peeling and breaking.  So, even if you don't have 'picture perfect' nails, be proud of what you've got and flaunt them!



2 comments:

  1. I have the smallest nail beds in the history of the world, but I still paint them. Of course, not without the requisite nail envy of those with the huge nail beds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I (evil) laugh at the people who complain that the Konad-type stamps are too small to fit their fingers. They are almost always too big for me! My toenails are even smaller, but they're always painted, too!.. but yes, I'd trade for long, strong nail beds in a hot second. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...