Lit from Within: French tips and tophat with Mr. Burgundy
-->

Saturday, October 26, 2013

French tips and tophat with Mr. Burgundy

Hello, Fireflies!

Today's post is brought to you by the letter 'B'. As in Burgundy.  As in Mister Burgundy, SIR.

Mister Burgundy

Enchanted Polish Mr. Burgundy has become quite the popular little polish, and I can see why.  It's a nice fall color, but not too vampy, and very holo.  Love.

Enchanted Polish Mr. Burgundy

I forgot to get a pix of the dress I was wearing to match, but it was about this color, with a black hem and yoke.  So, that inspired me to top and cap this mani with some black.  My favorite black, in fact: Cult Nails Nevermore.  First, the tips:

First, the tips:

Now, there are several ways I could have done this.  I didn't feel like messing around with scotch tape, but that could have given me cleaner lines, and possibly less clean up.  I could have cut one piece and put it in the middle and just painted both top and bottom at the same time.  I'd love to hear how you did it, if you recreate this mani.

I used my striper to paint a guide line, and then filled in with Nevermore and an art brush.

I used my striper to paint a guide line, and then filled in with Nevermore and an art brush.  Cleanup around my cuticle was a little tricky, but not too bad.


Something very clean and geometric about boxing in this beautiful color with black.

Something very geometric about boxing in this beautiful color with black

Tape might have made doing the right hand a little easier.  Who wants easy, though?  Not this gal.  Ok, I lie.  Of course this gal. 

Tape might have made doing the right hand a little easier.

A little monocle, and Mr. Burgundy would be ready for the opera.  How would you dress up Mr. B?

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...