Lit from Within: Sweet Candy Corn #FallingForNailArt
-->

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sweet Candy Corn #FallingForNailArt




Hello, Fireflies!

This month, I am again combining the Nail Challenge posts with another challenge.  The NCC theme this month is Halloween, and I have some cute Halloween manis to share with you over the next couple of weeks!

Well, I think they're cute.  Hopefully, I'll convince y'all.

Today's look was inspired by a Pinterest pin of IG@Selenadee_nails.  I had a hard time deciding how I was going to do Halloween candy, and this look just nailed it for me!

I started off with Butter London Pitter Patter, a metallic royal purple.  As with most Butters, it had a great application.  Almost a one-coater for me.

Butter London Pitter Patter, a metallic, royal purple.

I took my white striper and outlined the triangle shape of the candy corn, and then filled them in.

I took my white striper and outlined the triangle shape of the candy corn, and then filled them in.

Because of the white background, the orange and yellow are able to pop and show their true colors.

Because of the white background, the orange and yellow are able to pop

I personally find it difficult to dot with a striper, though it can be done if you are looking for a challenge.  I was already challenged by the teeny-tiny candies, so I just put some Cult Nails Tempest on my palette and dotted with that.  Sometimes, that extra step may waste time, but it saves sanity.  You choose what's right for you!

I just put some Cult Nails Tempest on my palette and dotted with that

I loved the shiny candy-wrapper quality of the gold flakies in Cult Nails Feedback, so that went on my accents.  Candy and more, MOAR candy! Isn't that what Halloween is about? No? Oh.

I loved the shiny candy-wrapper quality of the gold flakies in Cult Nails Feedback

Bottle shot:  Butter London Pitter Patter, Cult Nails Feedback and Tempest, and nail art stripers in white, orange, and yellow.

Bottle shot:  Butter London Pitter Patter, Cult Nails Feedback and Tempest, and nail art stripers in white, orange, and yellow.

Candy Corn isn't my fave candy of the season, but they are winning me over as nail art!  What candy are you most looking forward to having at Halloween?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...