Lit from Within: Flowers of Unusual Colors
-->

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Flowers of Unusual Colors


Hello Fireflies!

Today's Sunday Stamping Challenge is to create flowers in colors not normally found in nature, or, as I hear it in my head, "Flowers of Unusual Color" said in the same manner as "Rodents of Unusual Size" or RUSses.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to watch one of the best movies EVER, The Princess Bride.

I decided that my flowers would be metallic, because I'm super into this trend right now.  I'm loving all the foiled metallic eyeshadows and lippies, and eyeliners, and especially the nail polishes.  So, I took a bunch of different metallic shades and created a mosaic on my nails with them.

And...forgot to take a picture.  So, let's use our imaginations, shall we?

Then, I stamped a large flower from my Big SdP-D plate.


I didn't think there was enough contrast, though, so I took black polish and colored in everything that wasn't the main flower.


It's a different look for me, but I like how it came out.  Almost like lacquered foil.


I stamped with Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and the mosaic was created with these metallic polishes:  Deborah Lippmann Ya Got Trouble, Revlon Rich, Cover Girl Bronze Beauty, Finger Paints Palette of Perfection, and OPI Bond...James Bond.

Deborah Lippmann Ya Got Trouble, Revlon Rich, Cover Girl Bronze Beauty, Finger Paints Palette of Perfection, and OPI Bond...James Bond

What's your favorite unusual flower?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...