Lit from Within: Zoya Blue Ombre
-->

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Zoya Blue Ombre

MOAR Zoya today, Fireflies!

When Zoya has a BOGO, I am always there.  They had a back-to-school promo I took advantage of - Earth Day is always a good day to stock up, too.

I started with Zoya Raven.  It's the closest thing to pure black that Zoya has at the moment.  You can't really tell from my pix, but it actually has tiny flecks of silver.  It's a nice black, but it took me 2-3 coats, so it won't replace Cult Nails Nevermore for a one-coat black.

Zoya Raven.  It's the closest thing to pure black that Zoya has at the moment.

Well, I like black nails almost as much as the next gal, but I rarely wear just plain black nails.  So, I was inspired to do this ombre technique from Fundamentally Flawless

I added a layer of Zoya Neve, covering all but the very edges of my nail.  I thought I had enough metallic blues, but I needed Neve.  It has a really neat pink and blue shimmer!

I needed Neve.  It has a really neat pink and blue shimmer!

Leaving a little bit of Neve exposed, I covered the center of the nails with Zoya Sailor.  This was dustier than I thought it would be, but is a nice counterpoint to the shimmer of Neve.

Leaving a little bit of Neve exposed, I covered the center of the nails with Zoya Sailor.

How did I not know about Zoya Crystal before?  This is gorgeous - I love the mix of blue and gold together in this polish. 
I love the mix of blue and gold together in Zoya Crystal.

As the final highlight, a tiny stripe of Zoya Rocky.

As the final highlight, a tiny stripe of Zoya Rocky

So easy, you can do it on your non-dominant hand!  I just wish I could take the pix quicker - before I ding a nail.  And also, I need to figure out how to do better lighting for that hand.  I get all twisty trying to get a good pix.

So easy, you can do it on your non-dominant hand!

Zoya pretties!!  Raven, Neve, Sailor, Crystal, and Rocky.

Zoya pretties!!  Raven, Neve, Sailor, Crystal, and Rocky.

What do you think of this ombre striped technique?  I love that there are so many ways to do it.  A great way to show off my Zoyas, too!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's such an impressive, but easy look to do.

      Delete
  2. Love it! So many pretty blues ♥ They complement each other so nicely, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so, too! I wish I could have done even more blues, but my nails are too small!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...