Lit from Within: Cutest Creepy Crawlers EVAH! #FallingForNailArt
-->

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cutest Creepy Crawlers EVAH! #FallingForNailArt


Time for another double-dose of challenge goodness! Halloween and Creepy Crawlers go together like bread and butter.  I saw this amazingly cute mani by IG@ Christabel Nails (on Pinterest) that I knew I had to try and do a version of!

I started off with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and did a sponge gradient with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Electric Sheep.  I wasn't worried about it being perfect because nail art was going to come to my rescue and distract you from seeing all the flaws!

I started off with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and did a sponge gradient with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Electric Sheep.

I tried to represent all the spidery steps at once.  From thumb to pinky - I made circles and then added a little texture so that they would look like fuzzy circles. 

Then, I added the web strand that the spider is hanging from, the mouth pincers and eight legs. 

The eyes were the best part because they really make the cuteness.  Two big white dots that meet in the middle, with black dots inside, and then another set of teeny white dots inside those for highlights.

I tried to represent all the spidery steps at once.

All the finished spiders, but sans topcoat.   Are they not freakin' cute, even for spiders?

Are they not freakin' cute, even for spiders?

All up in your nailz, spinnin' our cutez webz.


Bottle shot:  OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls,  Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Electric Sheep, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Bottle shot:  OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls,  Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Electric Sheep, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism

Would you wear spiders on your nails if they were this cute? 













6 comments:

  1. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS! I love these! They're so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of this either, it's someone else's idea! I'm grateful they had it and shared it. :) Why don't you do it for the Halloween mani? :) I'd love to see your version!

      Delete
  2. I love the realness of ur blog! You did a great recreation yo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the best compliments I have ever received! Wow, thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I must say, these are totes adorbz. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...