Lit from Within: A good brown and .... a not so good one.
-->

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A good brown and .... a not so good one.

I love brown-toned polishes, usually.  I wanted to love Creeping Moss by Contrary Polish.  Technically, she calls it an olive-green with shimmer.  I call it muddy.  The shimmer is so hidden, there's no shine, no depth.  This polish was such a disappointment!  



The next combo I really liked.  It started with a color I wasn't sure about.  I don't have anything else the color of Finger Paints Catwalk Queen.  I'm not even sure what color it is.  Beige-yellow? Bile?


I topped it with KB Shimmer Band Geek.  I loved this polish in so many ways.  First of all, I was a band geek!  Alto and Tenor Saxophone, depending on the band.  Symphonic, Jazz, Marching... I was Queen of the Band Geeks!


Second of all, it's a beautiful polish!  I love different metallics blending together - copper, gold, bronze, silver - it really does look like a melange of band instruments.  Application was smooth, and it was pretty opaque in two coats. 


Would you wear any of these weird browns?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...