Lit from Within: Pure Ice Suedes - Blue & Black
-->

Friday, November 30, 2012

Pure Ice Suedes - Blue & Black

I am old enough to remember when there was either no such thing as blue nailpolish, or if you wore it, it was a subversive thing.  Now, I love blue polish, and I can't seem to get enough.

I really like this Pure Ice suede, Blue Midnight.


Nice formula, like all the others.  It's the only cobalt blue suede I've come across, though.


I wanted to try a gold tip and stripe using another Pure Ice suede, Over The Top.  Obviously, my freehand stripes need a little work!



Another 'subversive' color of polish - black.  Now, it's everywhere, and I love to wear it, too, though not often all by itself.  I love layering with it or using it for nail art best.  It's hard to cover up such a neat texture, though!


Pure Ice Black Velour didn't have a clear suede finish - it's almost a 'rubber' or 'soft touch' finish - not quite matte, but lacking in the silver particles of the suedes.


I told you I need practice striping!  I tried 5 different types of stripes with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  This polish made a huge splash when the Spiderman collex hit - it's not a true white, nor is it really grey. It's just a touch off-white, like an eggshell.



How do you like to wear your suedes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...