Lit from Within: Election Day Nails
-->

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election Day Nails

These aren't my version of 'Patriotic Nails' mind you.  These are the nails I did while I waited to vote!

This is only a small portion of the line.  It took about an hour and a half of waiting to get to the poll.  So, I did what any good nail blogger would do - change my polish!


This is Essie Beach Bum Blu.  It's more metallic than I was expecting!  Sometimes I have trouble with Essies being streaky, but this one was really nice.  Almost a one-coater, really, but it looked better, and with a deeper color, with two coats.



Over that, I used two coats of KB Shimmer Shipwrecked.  I liked how the blue jelly base softened the metallic shine of the Essie, but one coat hardly delivered any glitter at all.  I used the dabbing method to get enough glitter to distribute all over the nail.


It's a pretty glitter!  A little more green-leaning in person, which I didn't expect.

I also discovered that even with a glue base, I had some trouble peeling this mani off, and I believe it's because I didn't use a top coat.  I forgot to bring one!  I've experienced this before with glue - the topcoat makes the polish sturdier, I think, and it comes off so much more easily when it's time to peel.

Are you using a glue base?  Do you use topcoat with it?

2 comments:

  1. I think you might be right about the top coat thing, I haven't tried on of those glue base's yet.
    It turned out to be a really pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MAria! I have to admit, I've always loved peeling my polish off, but I don't feel so guilty about it when I use the glue base. lol!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...