Lit from Within: Mentality Half-Moon
-->

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Mentality Half-Moon

Hello, Fireflies!

I hope you enjoyed Black Friday like I did! whew! I'm exhausted and broke, and I didn't even leave the house.  The Interwebs are a fine, fine invention!

Today's mani was inspired by one done by my friend Stephanie at A Little Polish.  When I saw it, I knew I had to do something similar.  Her manis are sooo beautiful, though!

I started with China Glaze Keep Calm..Paint On, a lovely mint green creme with a subtle shimmer.

China Glaze Keep Calm..Paint On

After the base coat was *completely* dry, I used a piece of clear tape to mark off a straight 'half-moon' and then painted the rest with Mentality Kindness, a beautiful teal-green holo with a duochrome shift to purple.

Mentality Kindness

Then, I placed a small rhinestone in the center of each nail, and hex glitters on either side.  I don't know how people do those manis with whole nails - or whole hands - of glitter placed one by one.  I was tired after doing just one line on both hands. 


I felt so fancy-shmancy with this mani.  Something about all those sparklies.


Look, Ma, both hands!

Look, Ma, both hands!

Bottle shot: China Glaze Keep Calm..Paint On, Mentality Kindness, rhinestones from Cult Nails, and glitter.

Bottle shot: China Glaze Keep Calm..Paint On, Mentality Kindness, rhinestones from Cult Nails, and glitter.

Have you done a mani with individually placed glitters?  Do you think it's worth the effort? This one was totally worth it for me - I loved it.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, how did I miss this one??? Absolutely, perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I was so proud of this one. Took all my concentration to place all those bitty glitters! lol!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...