Lit from Within: Going Glam(ish)
-->

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Going Glam(ish)


 Hello, Fireflies!

Ever have a day where you just want to try something different, maybe bump it up a notch?  For no reason, other than I wanted to play with glitter, I decided try a glammed up look.

I started with a grey creme Eye Slick from NP Set called Gibraltar as a base, and then used Colour Pop Glitterati and Sleigh on the lids.  A double-ended Convertible Color grey shadow/liner in Slate from Stila helped me add a little definition to the crease and the tightline. My sleek, dark mascara of choice these days is UD Perversion.
In my mind, nothing goes better with a glam look than a bold red lippie.  I started with Too Faced Melted Ruby, but wanted a little more of that blue-red tone, so topped it with a dab of my fave red, Ellis Faas L101.  I used UD Ozone to try and keep the red inside the lines.
If you've never tried Colour Pop, they are a unique breed of shadows.  Bouncy and creamy like cream shadow, but dry like a powder, they apply best with a finger for the most pigmented looks.  Glitter does have some fallout, especially when used with a brush, but it is the easiest glitter I've found.  They have amazing staying power and intense pigmentation, and most everything they carry is only $5!

For the whole face look, I used Cuepido Cosmetics liquid foundation, concealer, and powder (my original review can be found HERE), OFRA Illuminating Blush Stripes and khaki Eyebrow Gel (review HERE), and Stila Convertible Color in Lillium.


If you're going glam with red lips, why not red tips, too?  I started with A Study In Polish Fire Soul, and then added some black roses from my BP L015 plate.

What do you reach for when you want to feel a little glam?  Does it matter where you're going?  Would you believe I wore this just to go to Target?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...