Lit from Within: Raspberry Butterfly
-->

Friday, July 31, 2015

Raspberry Butterfly


 Hello, Fireflies!

Sometimes, I love being all matchy-matchy with a look.  I wore a raspberry shirt with a butterfly pattern, and matched my makeup and my nail polish to the colors and patterns!

Where has this foundation been all my life?  I am all about powder foundations right now.  They are really great with my oily skin.  It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation SPF 50 gives me a little glow, too, while giving me a little protection from the sun and sucking up some of my face grease.

On my face:  Laura Mercier Foundation primer, It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation SPF 50, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof Neutral Medium, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed, Color Pop Cheek in Hysterical and Double Dip.
I had just scored a haul from new-to-me brand Makeup Revolution (and now it's being carried at Ulta!) and chose the Run Boy Run palette for my eyes.  Makeup Revolution is a UK brand whose claim to fame is creating inexpensive dupes of high-end brands.  They have dupes for the Naked palettes, and Lorac Pro palettes, as well as lipsticks.  I've tried a few palettes and lipsticks now, and I really like them.  This eye look is from their Run Boy Run palette:
On my eyes:  Urban Decay Primer Potion, UD 24/7 Eyeliner in Stash, UD Perversion mascara, Makeup Revolution Run Boy Run eyeshadow palette, OFRA eyebrow gel in Khaki.
It bugs me to no end that I didn't photograph the lipstick I was wearing, and now I can't remember for sure what it was!  I tried duplicating it tonight, but my husband and I could not agree that any of the shades I tried matched that raspberry lip.  My best guesses are either Makeup Revolution No Perfection Yet, or Clinique Lip Pop in Love Pop. 
I have rediscovered stamping this year, and have been buying new plates and discovering new tools and techniques.  This plate is from Uber Chic, and it's the first plate in their third set.  I have their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd set now, and am waiting on the 4th one in the mail.. I'm a little bit addicted!


The base color is Milani Sugar Plum, a shimmery red-violet, and I stamped the butterflies with Maybelline Bold Gold. 


Having bigger nail beds would have come in handy for these images.  I could barely fit one of the smaller butterflies on!  Still, I like how the two stamps work together to create the look.


Are you ever about the matchy-matchy look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...