Lit from Within: Swirly Stamped Red Roses
-->

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Swirly Stamped Red Roses


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Sunday Stamping challenge was flowers and birds. Floral nail art is probably my fave, second only to geometric nail art.  I've never been able to paint a good rose, though, so I'm happy to break out the stamps!

I started with a base of a mani I used in a post last week.  It's a needle-marble with white and grey (Sinful Colors Snow Me White, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and 2B Grey Jeans polish.)


I just love how the polish all swirled together, like smoke.  I thought a perfect counterpoint would be some large red roses, which I stamped using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red and my Cici & Sisi 11 plate.


It kinda looks like roses over a newspaper print, in a way, or maybe over feathers..


I do love red over black and white (or grey)!


I do like roses, but my faves are actually yellow ones, but I don't have a good yellow stamping polish.  What kind of flower do you like to use in nailart?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...