Lit from Within: All Things Blue - Light It Up For Autism Awareness
-->

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

All Things Blue - Light It Up For Autism Awareness


Hello, Fireflies!

Two posts today!  If you haven't checked it out, I finished this month's Nail Challenge Collaborative 3rd anniversary copycat month earlier today with a chic dotticure.

Right now, though, is the second installment of this month's Challenge Your Nail Art All Things Blue challenge!  Autism awareness' slogan is 'Light It Up Blue" and that's what I did with this blue puzzle mani.

I started out painting my nails a base of light blue with Wet 'n Wild Wear Skinny Jeans.  It has a subtle silver shimmer, but it doesn't translate very well to the nail or the picture.


Then, I used striping tape to section off 4 blocks and painted different shades of blue in each section:  Azature Lapis Diamond is a grey-blue creme, Ginger + Liz Private Poole is a crelly marine blue, and Kelara Lacquer Aunt Theresa 2.0 is a steel blue with flakies.


I used a dotting tool to turn the squares into puzzle pieces.  I just love how this turned out!


Bottle shot:  Wet 'n Wild Wear Skinny Jeans,Azature Lapis Diamond, Ginger + Liz Private Poole, and Kelara Lacquer Aunt Theresa 2.0.

Bottle shot:  Wet 'n Wild Wear Skinny Jeans,Azature Lapis Diamond, Ginger + Liz Private Poole, and Kelara Lacquer Aunt Theresa 2.0.

Did you 'light it up blue' for autism awareness any time this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...