Lit from Within: Some of My Favorite Things - Gold and Black, Dogs and Chevrons
-->

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Some of My Favorite Things - Gold and Black, Dogs and Chevrons


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Sunday Stamping challenge is to mix animal prints with chevrons.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do at first, but I really like the mix of gold flakies and black chevrons, with my favorite animal print - dog paws!

I bought the Marianne Nails 06 plate for all the dogs, and never thought I'd actually use the paw prints stamp, but I like it because the prints are small enough to fit a lot of them on my small nails.  Sometimes, stamps are so big that they don't look right on my small nails, or I can only fit one or two parts of the stamp.


I am absolutely in love with this year's new flakie trends - the metallic and the multichrome.  I've seen a lot of silver flakies in lots of different sizes, but this is the first champagne gold I'd seen - LynBDesigns Whenever Life Gets You Down, Mrs. Brown.  If you're not familiar with this brand, she has lots of fun themed collections, and often has great 50% off sales.


I love how elegant the black chevron French tip looks with the gold, even though there are a bunch of silly paw prints all over my nails.  Pup Couture!


What's your favorite animal print?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...