Lit from Within: Navy and Pearls
-->

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Navy and Pearls


Hello, Fireflies!

Have you gotten enough chevrons yet?  I love wearing them on my clothes and my nails, so my third installment of 'fashion' inspired nails includes another way to wear them.

I did have a bit of a nail fail with this look.  Illamasqua Phallic is a midnight blue shimmer that looks almost black.  Pretty close to black. So, when I outlined the French tip in black and added another black chevron to the tip... well, it was hard to tell that the whole thing wasn't black.

Ah, well.  Black chevron French tips are still nice, but not exactly what I was going for. 


I wore this to attend an event hosted by OFRA with the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida.  I can't wait to tell you more about the event and share some of my OFRA product reviews with you.  I was surprised to learn that they have a production facility right here in Florida, and they make all their own cosmetics - and even some for other famous brands.  For a relatively unknown brand, their products are pretty exceptional!


Look! More chevrons.. my whole dress was that material, and it's a 50's style pattern dress from Modcloth, so it felt appropriate to put on some pearls!
I was going for a Navy eye with my Lorac Navy Skinny palette, and many of my trusty faves:  Cover FX CC Cream and Blemish Concealer, It Cosmetics Radience palette and Hello Lashes Extension mascara, Eddie Funkhouser concealer, UD eyeshadow primer. Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and Lancome Artliner in Midnight Glam.  The lippie is Eighty4 Chelease, a new fave.
I'm still working on getting better EOTD pictures.  The eyeshadows never show up as pigmented as they are in real life.  It was a pretty navy, and the Art Liner is a shimmery midnight blue.  I love a navy eye, do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...