Lit from Within: Do I Have a Secret Crush?
-->

Friday, March 13, 2015

Do I Have a Secret Crush?


Hello, Fireflies!

When looking at ways to spend my birthday coupon at Ulta, I came across this Pur Minerals Secret Crush palette, and decided to give it a whirl.  I love the rose gold and the darker bronze colors, and thought this might make a good addition to my collection.

The palette comes in a metal tin with a secure latch, and a soft, but rather sheddy brush.  I haven't washed it yet, though, so maybe that will stop after a few washings.

There are 8 colors in the palette, mostly shimmers and metallics.  There is a matte vanilla, matte peach, and a matte grey-toned brown, though, which are really all I need for transitions and bases.  I love shimmer, and right now I am loving metallic, too. 

Here's the main problem I have with this palette.  There are no names anywhere on it.  Not the name of the palette, not the name of the shadows.  Only the name "Pur" on the cover, but that's it.  So, if that doesn't bother you, you're good to go.  If it does, you'll probably want to do what I did (and what I've seen another reviewer do) - cut out the names of the colors and the palette from the box it came in, and glue them to the palette.  So low rent.  Pur, what were you thinking? This isn't a $2 palette. 
Pur Secret Crush palette with glued on names
I swatched without primer, but on freshly moisturized skin.  Whisper and Lust showed up on my eyelids, but not on my hand, really.  You can barely see the tint of white vanilla and a slight peach color.  The rest of the colors are really nice.  I like that instead of a black, this palette came with a midnight blue. 
Pur Secret Crush palette swatches
I feel like this palette could accommodate lots of different looks, and I went with a neutral metallic one.  This palette came with the free gift of a Pur lip crayon, so I wanted to pair them together.
FOTD with Pur Secret Crush palette
My face products were:  Cover FX Illuminating Primer and CC Cream, Eddie Funkhouser Concealer (Light), the IT Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Palette, and Pur LipGloss Stick in Honey Pie.

On my eyes, I started with Too Faced Bulletproof Brows (Brunette).  I used Maybelline Color Tattoo Metallics in Barely Branded as a base, then added the PurMinerals Secret Crush palette, Borghese Linea Precisa black liquid eyeliner, and Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.
EOTD with Pur Secret Crush palette
I really liked this palette.  I'm a big fan of all the rose gold, and the metallics and shimmers, and just enough mattes.  The shadows were soft and applied well without too much fallout.  I also thought they blended well. I also really loved the midnight blue color instead of a traditional black.

Have you tried this palette yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...