Lit from Within: Christmas Card Memories
-->

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Card Memories


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's prompt for Sunday Stamping is a childhood winter memory.  In my childhood home, the kitchen 'doors' were two shutters - one on either side.  They were never closed, so I don't really think of them as doors; they were more decorative.  Every year, my mom would send and receive so many Christmas cards, and the ones she received were all tucked into a slat on the kitchen shutters.  By the time Christmas arrived, the shutters would be crammed full with greetings of all the people she'd kept in touch with through the years - some of them for decades!


A nameless Bonita wine creme, and Nail Pattern Boldness Intoxicated

I started this with a nameless Bonita wine creme, and then covered it with Nail Pattern Boldness Intoxicated, a gorgeous glitter with purple, burgundy, and gold glitters.. maybe some black.  Over that, I stamped with Milani White On The Spot and Cici & Sisi 09.


These letters, flying on wings and filled with love, represent to me all the friendships my mom maintained with those Christmas cards.  I tried to keep up my own card tradition, but it's pretty much petered away to nothing. 


Bottle shot (sans white) - Nameless Bonita wine creme, and Nail Pattern Boldness Intoxicated.
 
Bottle shot (sans white) - Nameless Bonita wine creme, and Nail Pattern Boldness Intoxicated

Are there any Christmas traditions that you grew up with that you've carried on,. or, like me, tried and failed?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...