Lit from Within: Stamping Snowflakes
-->

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Stamping Snowflakes

Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Adventures In Stamping challenge was about Christmas.  I thought it would be fun to take one "holiday" - Friday the 13th - and turn it into another one!


Above The Curve Friday the 13th

I was so bummed when I missed out on the original release of Above The Curve Friday the 13th, so I was thrilled when it was re-released.  It's such a great vampy eggplant purple with this awesome gold shimmer.  It's gorgeous.

But, it's not Christmassy enough.  First step to Christmas?  Bling! Orly Bling, that is - a fine, scattered gold holo glitter.  It makes any look more festive.

I'm having visions of sprinkling Freddy Krueger with gold glitter.  Is that wrong?

Above The Curve Friday the 13th with Orly Bling

I took the different snowflakes from two different plates.  The first three are from a jumbo plate that doesn't have any identifying markings.  I *think* it's a Cheeky jumbo plate that I got from Amazon, but I don't remember.  It was one of the first plates I bought.  The good news is that I've seen the same patterns reproduced on many other plates. 

The last snowflake is from a plate with scalloped edges that is marked, "W23". 

I know it's the holiday season when the old Rankin/Bass Christmas specials start showing up on TV.  Rudolph, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, The Year Without A Santa Claus, Jack Frost.. you know. 


In most of these shows, they show snow as either big white blobs, or as these kinds of snowflakes that look like they were cut from paper.  I'm not very good at freehand painting these types of snowflakes, but I think they stamp beautifully.


Bottle shot:  Above The Curve Friday the 13th, Orly Bling, and Milani White On The Spot.

Bottle shot:  Above The Curve Friday the 13th, Orly Bling, and Milani White On The Spot.

Christmas will never fall on a Friday the 13th... except on my nails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...