Lit from Within: Latest Lippie Haul - Lots of pinks and nudes!
-->

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Latest Lippie Haul - Lots of pinks and nudes!


Hello, Fireflies!

I haul way, way too many lippies.  I have a real addiction! I want to show you some of the latest things I've picked up - I've got some new technologies, new collections, and some new-to-me brands, too!

In this first batch, I have some different lipsticks, and I even tried some of the new Smashbox mattifier with them.


I'm not sure if there's a color out there I *don't* have, but I do tend to gravitate towards the pink side of mauve and wine.  Melt Shady Lady and UD Firebird are almost the same, but the Melt is more matte, for sure.
Smashbox Insta-matte is a silicone-based, clear gel that feels very much like a silicone primer.  It works instantly, and well!  It does say that it only works with creme lipsticks, and in my experience, that's pretty true.  I applied a dab to all of these swatches.  The Tarte sheer lipgloss just disappeared, and the glittery Lacrimosa became almost all glitter, no lipstick.  The already matte Shady Lady didn't change much at all.


Lunatick Lacrimosa is a LE for Valentine's Day, but last I checked, they weren't sold out yet.  I saw some swatches on darker skintones, and it's even more stunning than on my pale mug.  I love the blue shimmer!

The Buxom Pink Decoy was a Sephora Bold Lip sample, and, in my opinion, it's not really that pink at all.  It's really bright, and more coral-leaning-orange.  The formula feels amazing, though.
I don't wear that many nudes, but I couldn't resist picking up this Give Me Some Nude Lip collection.  I really wanted to try the Tartiest formula (very matte!) and the NudeStix (waxy.)  The NARS is a perfect pink nude for me!
Last I checked, these Sephora Rouge Fusion Lip Stains were still on half-off clearance.  They are fairly drying, and dry down to a tacky feel on the lips.  The first time I used Fig Ink, I accidentally, wildly overlined my lips - they are a little slippery when you first apply them!  I do love these colors, though.  Very neutral and soft for Spring.
Lastly, I picked up the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche 100 point Sephora reward in Radish.  It's a very pink-leaning red, very much like the skin of a radish!  I love their lipsticks - heavy, rich, and long-lasting, with great natural ingredients.

Are you checking out some new colors or textures or brands of lippies for Spring?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...