Lit from Within: Fan Nail Art With Friends
-->

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Fan Nail Art With Friends


Hello, Fireflies!

A while ago, a friend of mine asked me if I could do her nails with this design she found online.  I loved it, too, so I made one for myself, and one for her!

The design is the brainchild of Arcadia Nail Art.  I loved how fancy it looked, but all it takes is a steady hand and lots and lots of striping tape!


By placing the tape in a splayed fan shape and then painting a semi-circle over it, you get this really neat design!


I really liked it using glitter over this frosted metallic lilac, and finished with a matte topcoat.  I used Milani Lovely Amethyst for the base, and China Glaze December to Remember for the design.

I used Milani Lovely Amethyst for the base, and China Glaze December to Remember for the design.

My friend, Chelsea, was going off to Rice University for graduate school, so she wanted to incorporate some owls in her nailart, as that's the Rice mascot!


I wish I had kept a record of what colors I used for this.  I love how it turned out.


Have you ever used striping tape in this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...