Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Starry Night
-->

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday Stamping - Starry Night


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's challenge is, "Inspired by the night sky."  Seeing how I just scored a bottle of the new Starry, Starry Night on clearance, I thought I'd use it as the base of this nailart!

I was, I admit, pretty excited to hear that Essie was re-releasing this polish.  I missed out on the original release, and I didn't want to pay resale prices.  I almost ordered it when it first came out.. but then the reviews started coming in:  It's thick.  It's nothing like the original.  It's a major bummer.


It is thicker than most Essies I own, but if you're used to Indie glitters, it's no thicker than those.  I didn't find it to be goopy.  I don't own the original, but even in pictures you can tell that it's not the same.  This one has blue glitter, not diamond dust.  Yes, if you're looking for a dupe, it's a bummer. 


I used a few other blue polishes to try and get some variation in the blue "sky" and then stamped some silver stars on top, because what's a starry night without stars?
What I used:  Essie Starry, Starry Night, Essie Bell-Bottom Blues, Color Club It's Raining Men, and stamped with Essie No Place Like Chrome and plate UC 2-01.
What's your favorite polish for painting the night sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...