Lit from Within: I know why the caged bird sings...
-->

Sunday, September 6, 2015

I know why the caged bird sings...


Hello, Fireflies!

Sunday Stamping is back with actual themes! I was enjoying clearing out the vault of stamping manis, but now there are rules 'n stuff.  RULES. This week, the theme was double stamping, so I took a glitter, and stamped twice over it.

I decided to use two stamps from the same plate - FUN 5.  I like this delicate barbed-wire for the background, and I really liked the birds on the branch stamp.

Fun5 plate - barbed wire and birds

I thought this glitter was more purple-taupe, but it's actually more grey-taupe.  The polish, Wing Dust Roads Untraveled, gives the nailart a gloomy feel to me, even with the pops of colored glitter. 


Maybe the birds are singing right after a summer storm, while the sky is still cloudy and grey, but the clouds are clearing, and color is coming back...


Bottle shot:  Wing Dust Roads Untraveled, Essie No Place Like Chrome, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Bottle shot:  Wing Dust Roads Untraveled, Essie No Place Like Chrome, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Are you a rainy day person?  They make me want to stay indoors and take a nap.  Of course, most days make me want to stay indoors and take a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...