Lit from Within: Ghostly Watermarble #bbcchallenge
-->

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Ghostly Watermarble #bbcchallenge


Hello, Fireflies!

It's time for another Beauty Blog Coalition monthly challenge!  This month, we're all doing something Halloween related, so if you haven't chosen your costume yet, or are looking for ideas on how to do your nails next month, maybe these posts will give you some ideas!

While looking for Halloween nailart, I saw this really cool Jack O'Lantern watermarble tutorial from ArcadiaNailart.  I thought about the swirls of color, and how cool that might look as the basis for some misty, other-worldly ghosts!


Being no good at all with regular watermarbles, though, I decided to do a decal.  This is a little easier, and not as messy for me.  It starts like a regular watermarble, with the drops of polish and the swirling, but instead of dipping your fingers in the water, you let the polish dry for 20-30 minutes, and remove the whole marble in one piece.  Then, I use some small scissors to cut pieces off the decal, affix it to my nail with polish, and then seal it in with topcoat.


I used a dotting tool to make the faces, then topcoated again.  I used a latex barrier to help me with cleanup, and then tidied up with a small brush and some acetone.


Bottle shot:  (watermarble) Glitter Gal White Pointer, Nuddy Nude, Chuck A Wobbly, and Big Smoke, and Color Club Lion's Den.  Base: Orly French Manicure Sweet Blush.  Ghost faces: Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White.


This is so cute, I can see making a green watermarble for some witches, or using this same white/grey marble as a moon background or for some skeletons! 

If you're inspired by this nailart, and you create your own version, I hope you'll tag it with #bbcchallenge so all of us in the BBC can see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...