Lit from Within: Sparkly Stamped Sweater
-->

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sparkly Stamped Sweater


Hello, Fireflies!

When I think of the tradition of the 'Ugly Christmas Sweater,' I think of the scene in Bridget Jones' Diary, where Bridget is talking about how the guy her mom is setting her up with is probably wearing one, and he's behind her, eavesdropping... and wearing one.  I kinda wish it was still a tradition, but here in Florida, the temps have been in the 80s, so the last thing I'm thinking about wearing is a sweater.  At least there's nail art!

I started with two sparkly jeweled-toned polishes and made a pseudo-gradient with them.  I had the worst time getting this stamp to work, and there's no rhyme or reason for it.  Sometimes, some stamps are temperamental.  They won't work with a particular kind of stamper, or a particular kind of polish.  I tried white polish first, but it wouldn't pick it up.  Then, I tried silver with a sticky stamper, but the stamper would just pick it up and not let go.  I ended up with the silver and a squishy stamper.


 In the end, though, I think I got something vaguely sweater-ish.  A sparkly, stamped, sweater!


What I used:  LynBDesigns Long Winter's Nap and Winnie, Essie No Place Like Chrome, and Born Pretty plate L018.
LynBDesigns Long Winter's Nap and Winnie, Essie No Place Like Chrome, and Born Pretty plate L018.
Do you have an 'Ugly Christmas Sweater' tradition?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...