Lit from Within: Melts On My Nails...
-->

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Melts On My Nails...


Hello, Fireflies!

It's a new month, and this month's theme is Candy & Sweets! My first nailart is dedicated to my husband's favorite chocolate candy -

Plain M&M's! I wish I had stamps that really had the personality and shape of the different M&M characters, but I had to settle for just giving them each their own color.


It's a little more complicated, and takes a little more time to make a stamping decal, but I am in love with the results of these! I love that they have all the white details, and the colors of the candies are so vibrant.


I made these decals by leaving the image on the stamper, and when it was dry, adding the color in layers - first, the white details, and then the color of the candy.  When that's all dry, I covered the whole decal with a nice layer of topcoat and when that dried, the whole image peeled off with the clear coat.  I can then place it on the nail where I want, press it on, and seal it with another layer of topcoat.


What I used:  Sally Hansen Salon Beige Glass over Glitter Gal Tan Line for the base, Finger Paints Black Expressionism and plate MJ III for the stamp, Sinful Colors Snow Me White for all the white details, and then the M&Ms were colored with OPI Red Hot Rio, Finger Paints Sketchy Character, KBShimmer Low and Be Bold, Zoya Pippa, and Butter London Sozzled.
What I used:  Sally Hansen Salon Beige Glass over Glitter Gal Tan Line for the base, Finger Paints Black Expressionism and MJ III for the stamp, Sinful Colors Snow Me White for all the white details, and then the M&Ms were colored with OPI Red Hot Rio, Finger Paints Sketchy Character, KBShimmer Low and Be Bold, Zoya Pippa, and Butter London Sozzled.
My favorite M&Ms are the Crispy ones, though the Mini's are pretty cool, too.  We love to try the seasonal flavors, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...