Lit from Within: Sparkly Cupcakes
-->

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sparkly Cupcakes


Hello, Fireflies!

Time for the 3rd installment of this month's NCC challenge of Candy & Sweets.  I'm back with another stamping decal that looks good enough to eat to wear on your nails?

I have had a lot of fun this month with 'reverse stamping' or creating stamped nail decals.  After transferring the image from the plate to the stamper, instead of then transferring it to the nail, you create the decal on the stamping head.  It's a lot easier to paint the details on the backside of the image, rather than stamping on the nail and trying to fill it in on the nail.  When all the painting is done, the decal is finished with a thick layer of a clear polish (nothing too fast-drying, or the decal may shatter.)  When it's all dry, use tweezers to peel the decal off the stamper, and apply to the nail.  Trim the excess, and finish with top coat.  Voila!


It so happened that the day after I created these was Cupcake Day at my local Sam's Club - they were giving away cupcakes for a customer appreciation gesture.  I totally geeked out and had to show my nails to the poor lady handing out cupcakes.  I'm pretty sure she couldn't have cared less, but she gets an A for effort for feigning interest.


What I used:  Essie Urban Jungle for the base, Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Cici & Sisi 11 for the stamped cupcake design, OPI Push and Shove for the cupcake foil, Finger Paints Sketchy Character for the chocolate cupcake, and OPI Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel for the sugary-pink frosting.
The free cupcake was totally worth it, though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...