Lit from Within: Tape Challenge #4 - Peek-a-holo!
-->

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tape Challenge #4 - Peek-a-holo!



Hello, Fireflies!

This is my last (scheduled) tape mani for the challenge!  I had so much fun doing them that I finished my four before the month was up!  We'll see if I decide to do any more.

I was inspired by this mani by IG@Pastel Polish that I found on Pinterest, and all my untried holos from Amy's Nail Boutique!  There are five altogether in this mani.  On my thumb, from top to bottom: Aquarius, Fire Dancer, Purple Prism, and Gabriel.  Biker Chick is the darker purple you can see on the tip of my pinkie, and is also somewhere on the other fingers. 

holo stripes from Amy's Nail Boutique

I put pieces of striping tape over each color.  I probably would have liked this better if I'd used larger pieces of regular tape so I could really see the holo at the end.

I put pieces of striping tape over each colo

I painted over everything with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and then peeled of the tape!

I painted over everything with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls

Peek-a-boo! I see that holo shining through!

then I peeled of the tape!

Lots of bottles for this bottle shot!  OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Biker Chick, Fire Dancer, Purple Prism, Aquarius, and Gabriel. 

OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Biker Chick, Fire Dancer, Purple Prism, Aquarius, and Gabriel

I have been on a white kick these last few days!  Yesterday's mani had me starting with OPI MBSW, and covering it up; today's started with lots of color, and ended up mostly white.  Which do you like better?





1 comment:

  1. This was a great idea! I have seen these types of tape manis before, but never with multiple colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...