Lit from Within: Matchy Monday - Dots and Stripes
-->

Monday, September 16, 2013

Matchy Monday - Dots and Stripes

Hello, Fireflies!

Today's look was inspired by my dress.  I love how it turned out!  There's a lot of pix, so I hope you'll check it out after the jump!



I started with my fave 1-coat black, Cult Nails Nevermore.  Then, I added large blue dots with my dotting tool using Revlon Indigo Night.

I started with my fave 1-coat black, Cult Nails Nevermore

White dots in the middle and around the blue dots came next, and then the stripes in white and blue along the sides of the nail.

I added large blue dots with my dotting tool using Revlon Indigo Night

I used Cult Nails Tempest for the white.  I wish I'd had more room for the stripes, but I do love the subtle effect they have of straightening my nail beds!

I used Cult Nails Tempest for the white

This was challenging for me to do on my right hand, but I'm glad I did it!  Nubbins just mean fewer dots, I guess!

Nubbins just mean fewer dots, I guess!

The top of the dress was solid black, then the skirt had the dot and stripe pattern.  You can see a glimpse of the hem, which had paisley and other designs.

ou can see a glimpse of the hem, which had paisley and other designs

Look, Ma, both hands!

The top of the dress was solid black, then the skirt had the dot and stripe pattern

Look, Ma, both hands!

Bottle shot:  Cult Nails Nevermore and Tempest, Revlon Indigo Night, and a white striper.

Bottle shot:  Cult Nails Nevermore and Tempest, Revlon Indigo Night, and a white striper

Guess I took a lot of pix of this look! I really liked it, and I actually got a compliment from a stranger on it!  Woot! 

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss this one?!! So cool~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was rather proud of this one. :) I love a nice dotticure.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...