Lit from Within: Stamping Sunday - it's really crystal clear!
-->

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stamping Sunday - it's really crystal clear!



Hi, Fireflies!

For today's stamped mani, our theme was our favorite song.  Well, I couldn't just choose my all-time fave, so I went with my fave of the summer.

Blurred Lines with OPI and stamping

If you guessed Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines, then we have a winner!  I can't help it, it's so catchy.  But I wanted to emphasize that I don't think it's intended to be a 'rapey' song. 

I started with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls - a polish I find my self reaching for a lot these days when I want a white that isn't *stark* white, and that applies so well!

OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls - a polish I find my self reaching for a lot these days when I want a white that isn't *stark* white

 I used Mash 46 for the lines, and just smudged them when I stamped.  I used BM 303 for the full image of lips on my thumb and the single kiss on my ring finger... not that you can tell. 

Blurred Lines with OPI and stamping


I couldn't find a "no" stamp, so I freehanded the circle with Sally Hansen Sacred Scarlet (also what I used for the lips stamps) and I also freehanded the text on my thumb with Finger Paints Black Expressionism (also used for the striped stamp).

Blurred Lines with OPI and stamping

Bottle shot:  OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Sally Hansen Sacred Scarlet, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Bottle shot:  OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Sally Hansen Sacred Scarlet, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism

Did you guess the song?  What song would you want to wear on your nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...