Lit from Within: Metal Head
-->

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Metal Head

Hi Fireflies!

Bang Your Head! Metal Health will drive you mad!


Avon Brushed Metals won't drive you mad, but they are pretty Metal.  This is Dusky Copper.

Avon Brushed Metal Dusky Copper

I love this polish.  It really does look like textured metal! This is pretty much one coat - it's thick, but has a pretty good formula.

It really does look like textured metal

I wanted to try a 'watercolor' mani with lots of metallics, so I used Maybelline Bold Gold and Essie's No Place Like Chrome, Penny Talk, and Nothing Else Metals. 

I wanted to try a 'watercolor' mani with lots of metallics

I'm not sure how I feel about it.. I kinda like the patina look, like it's water-worn and maybe even melted a little.  But, it also looks a little muddy.

it also looks a little muddy

I wanted to try a different look that showcased the metal texture, so I just added some large hexagonal gold studs, and topcoat.

I wanted to try a different look that showcased the metal texture

Metal with metal.  Yeah.  That's Metal.


Metal with metal

Bottle shot:  Avon Brushed Metals in Dusky Copper, Maybelline Bold Gold, and Essie's Nothing Else Metals, No Place Like Chrome, and Penny Talk.

Bottle shot:  Avon Brushed Metals in Dusky Copper, Maybelline Bold Gold, and Essie's Nothing Else Metals, No Place Like Chrome, and Penny Talk

How do you feel about metallics?  Only for stamping? As long as their shiny and reflective? Or do you like this brushed metal look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...