Lit from Within: All Blue, All The Time
-->

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

All Blue, All The Time


Hello, Fireflies!

Wow, it's November already.  I wish it felt like it a little bit here in Florida, but the temps are still in the high 80's and we're breaking record temps.  Maybe a little splash of blue will cool me off...

This month's theme is, "monochrome," so I picked blue as my color and used three different shades to make this nailart.  I started with Butter London Kip, a pale, pale blue with a tiny bit of shimmer.  It's a gorgeous color, but takes at least 3 coats to get opaque.

Butter London Kip

I've been slowly making my way through the Invite Only set of minis from Butter London, and I just love this dark blue called Lock In.  It stamps beautifully over Kip, to my happy surprise. 

I put a bit of Orly Etoile over everything, hoping for a little more shimmer.  It's so, so, so subtle -  I love how it looks in the bottle, and I keep trying it over different polishes to see if I can make it work, but it's just the barest hint of shine.  And though it looks blue in the bottle, it has pretty much no color on the nail.


Bottle shot:  Butter London Kip and Lock In, Orly Etoile, and the stamp from UC plate 4-01.
Butter London Kip and Lock In, Orly Etoile, and the stamp from UC plate 4-01

Does it feel like Fall yet where you are?  I'm a little jealous if it does...

An InLinkz Link-up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...