Lit from Within: Skin-tightening StriVectin
-->

Friday, November 13, 2015

Skin-tightening StriVectin

Hello, Fireflies!

One reason I love writing this blog is getting to tell you about all different kinds of products.  From the simplest basics, to cutting edge scientific breakthroughs, from national brands to little Indies, there are so many interesting things to learn about and try.  One brand I've been introduced to this year is StriVectin.  Their product line is based on NIA 114 - an ingredient with a little name but with big results.

NIA 114 is a patented form of Niacinamide, an ingredient I have come to love in my skincare.  It thickens the epidermis, smoothing out small wrinkles, and increasing the skin's ability to retain moisture.  It also helps to buffer the irritation caused by Retinol, so that it can be more effective without the redness and peeling it can cause.
StriVectin Advanced Retinol Pore Definer
It's my understanding that no topical treatment can actually make the pores smaller, but they can look tighter and appear smaller.  Aside from one huge pore on my cheek caused by many years of wearing glasses with big frames that rode on my face, I think my face is smoother and firmer after over a month of using StriVectin's Advanced Retinol Pore Definer.  I definitely like the way this cream applies (yay for pump dispensers!) and smooths onto my skin.  It mattifies my skin without looking dry or chalky, and seems to blur the tiny wrinkles and small pores on my face.

It only has about 1% Retinol, plus it has the NIA 114, so I don't experience any redness or irritation from it  It can be used during the day (apply sunscreen!) or night.  After applying my serums, it's the perfect light moisturizer for my oily skin.  On no-makeup days, I often wear this as my last step to give my skin a mattified, smooth look.
StriVectin Advanced Retinol Pore Definer
In addition to the face treatment, I've also been using StriVectin's TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream.  This cream is super thick, but it doesn't cause my skin to break out.  I only use a tiny bit and smooth it all over my neck and decollete.
StriVectin's TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
I'll be honest - my neck and chin(s) are not just the result of time and gravity, but also fat.  There's not much that any skin cream can do about that.. though if someone could get on creating a cream for that...
Taking these pictures and using this cream, however, has made me more aware of these little wrinkles around the base of my neck.  After using the cream for about 5 weeks, they look less pronounced.  I'm not only going to keep using this cream, but also go farther around the back of my neck and see if I can't smooth out the ones back there, so that when I wear my hair up (which is nearly all the time) my neck looks smooth there, too.
before and after 5 weeks using StriVectin's TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream

Strivectin products are on the pricier side of my skincare wardrobe, but I can't argue with the results that I've seen - both for me and my husband.  He finished off my jar of StriVectin Repair and Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30! I can't be mad, though.  He's turning 46 next week, and he's still my handsome man.

StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream-inspired nailart! I love how bright and sunny this is, with the bright yellow of Zoya Pippa against the contrast of the white and black.
For more information, or to purchase, you can find StriVectin on FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, or their webpage, where the StriVectin Advanced Retinol Pore Definer currently retails for $99, and  StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream currently retails for $139. I don't know how long it will last, but right now, they are offering a free gift with a $30 value with orders over $75 (code: Nov15) and free shipping on all orders.

I love Niacinamide (and NIA 114) for my skincare.  Is there an ingredient you can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...