Lit from Within: Colour Pop-a-Palooza
-->

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Colour Pop-a-Palooza


Hello, Fireflies!

I have a small addiction to Colour Pop! I love their soft, squishy eye shadows and their intense and pigmented lippies.  I thought I'd share a few swatches and a couple of looks I've done with these beauties.  Warning, many pictures ahead!

When Colour Pop released the Ultra Matte Lippies, these were the ones I picked up first:
Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lippies
Solow is my fave on me.  I wore Ouiji in this coral look I blogged about a while back.  When I wore Zipper, even though it's a tad patchy, one of my students congratulated me on my lippie game.  Always nice to stay relevant.
Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lippies lip swatches
In the next release of Ultra Mattes, I picked up the much-sought-after Kapow, and a couple of others.  Kapow looks straight-up grey on me.  Interesting, but not something I'd wear every day.
I also picked up the Back To Cool Lippie Stix.  I am a sucker for these collections, even though at least one of the lighter colors always makes me look like death warmed over. 

Colour Pop Back To Cool Lippie Stix swatches

Colour Pop also sucks me in with their eye shadow collections.  I'm not very good at picking single shadows to go together, so a palette of 4 colors is not too overwhelming for me.  Even an unusual color like Ex seems wearable when paired up with Too Soon and Adios.

Colour Pop Rebound swatches

I love shadows with something different, like these cool duochromes in the Metamorphosis collection.

Colour Pop Metamorphosis swatches

 With the Colour Pop ShaanXO collection, it was that green that I had to have.

Colour Pop ShaanXO swatches

I used all 4 colors in the ShaanXO collex for this look:
Colour Pop ShaanXO EOTD
 And, here's the whole look:

FOTD with Colour Pop ShaanXO
Products used:  Colour Pop ShaanXO, Becca Champagne Pop, It Cosmetics Brow Power (Universal Taupe) and Tightline mascara, Tarte Maracuja Concealer, Laura Geller i-care eyeliner in Rainforest, Jeffree Star liquid lipstick in Celebrity Skin, Cuepido Cosmetics powder, ELF undereye setting powder, and Stila Convertible Color in Lillium.
Products used:  Colour Pop ShaanXO, Becca Champagne Pop, It Cosmetics Brow Power (Universal Taupe) and Tightline mascara, Tarte Maracuja Concealer, Laura Geller i-care eyeliner in Rainforest, Jeffree Star liquid lipstick in Celebrity Skin, Cuepido Cosmetics powder, ELF undereye setting powder, and Stila Convertible Color in Lillium.
I also picked up the Colour Pop Forever Freshman collection.  Mostly because of the raves Koosh was getting.  I love a good metallic eye shadow.  Like a magpie to shiny, I am.

Colour Pop Forever Freshman swatches

Koosh did not disappoint!  Here's a look I created using Koosh as the only shadow and smudging out a black liner.
EOTD with Colour Pop Koosh
And the whole face.  I do love a glittery eye, smudged liner and bold lip.  I think it goes well with my pale skin and dark hair and eyes. 

Products used:  Colour Pop Koosh, Stila Pink Self-Adjusting blush, Laura Geller Baked Radiance Liquid Foundation, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed powder, Bye Bye Undereye waterproof concealer, Brow Power (Universal Taupe) and Tightlight mascara, Milani eyeshadow primer, and Ardency Inn Original Smoky Shadow.  Not pictured: UD Ozone lipliner and NARS Charlotte lipstick.
Products used:  Colour Pop Koosh, Stila Pink Self-Adjusting blush, Laura Geller Baked Radiance Liquid Foundation, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed powder, Bye Bye Undereye waterproof concealer, Brow Power (Universal Taupe) and Tightlight mascara, Milani eyeshadow primer, and Ardency Inn Original Smoky Shadow.  Not pictured: UD Ozone lipliner and NARS Charlotte lipstick.

For more information about Colour Pop, you can find them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and on their website.  Most of their eye shadows are only $5, blushes and highlighters are $8, their amazing lippies are $5, and their ultra matte liquid lipsticks are $6!  They just released their holiday collections with a 20% off deal if you buy all three.  I'm looking forward to trying their new gel liners!

What's your favorite Colour Pop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...