Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Lilacky-Backy!
-->

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Stamping - Lilacky-Backy!


This week's Adventures in Stamping challenge is:  over a lilac base.  My biggest challenge was deciding which lilac to use! Luckily for me, I had just gotten some nail mail, and my selection from Barielle's last sale finally arrived!  This is Lilac Jelly Bean.


Ok, I don't know *anyone* who thinks that a lilac-flavored jellybean is actually a good idea, mind you.  Now, *lavender* I've tried, and it makes a good ice cream, but I don't know about lilac.  That's, well, that's just weird.  But so beautiful, and the formula is pretty good, too.


I used a polish I got in a swap - a brand I've never heard of before.  Joie' Kollection Metailic Burgendy.  I triple-checked the spelling on the label.  I used a weirdly-spelled plate, too - Pueen 14.
 

I thought the stamp looked like the ornamental top of a building, like the Taj Mahal.  For stamps like this, I wish my nails were longer!


In the pix, it just looks a little blurry, but this stamping polish had the prettiest pink shimmer that just glowed with the topcoat.  Pretty cool effect in Real Life, even if it makes me look a drunk photographer for my blog.


I love a polish with a surprise like that.  Do you have any polishes that just took on a different characteristic when you used topcoat, or layered them, and you were pleasantly surprised?

2 comments:

  1. Nice stamp manicure! I really like that barielle color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's nice of you to say - it wasn't one of my best, but there were things about it I liked. :) The Barielle color is a nice lilac!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...