Lit from Within: Aqua Pool? Bright Lily?
-->

Friday, November 15, 2013

Aqua Pool? Bright Lily?

Hi, Fireflies!

You may have seen some other bloggers talking about this dupe recently, but when I came across a bottle of Gap Bright Pool, I had to see for myself if it was just like Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily.

Can you tell the difference?


Gap Bright Pool,or Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily?

Aside from the middle finger looking crappy because of a patch job that is peeling off, all the nails looked the same to me.  Both of the formulas were the *same*.  Yes, the $20 (and up) RBL and the $6 Gap polish were the same, for all intents and purposes.


Better yet, the RBL is discontinued, and Bright Pool is available in Gap stores everywhere.  And right now, they are BOGO, effectively making it a $3 polish.  Boo-yah!

Bottle shot:  Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily and Gap Bright Pool.

Bottle shot:  Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily and Gap Bright Pool.

Playing around with some of my other colors, I found a 'cousin' of these polishes, though it wouldn't be mistaken for a dupe.  I started with Illamasqua Venous, a dark turquoise cream.

Illamasqua Venous, a dusty turquoise cream.

I added Color Club Pearl-spective, a purple shimmer - in the same color family as the Aqua Lily/Bright Pool shimmer, but much larger shimmer particles.  It's not gritty, though.

Color Club Pearl-spective, a purple shimmer

It probably isn't worth it to buy these colors just to make a look that you can likely get for $3 at the Gap, but if you already have them, putting them together makes a nice combination.

I bought a wheel of rhinestones from Cult Nails at The Make Up Show, and decided to get silly-blingy with them.  Outrageous!

silly-blingy

Which look is your fave?  Would you still pay $20+ for a bottle of the original RBL?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, you just reminded me that I need to stop at GAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Essie Rae! Good to see you. :) I love the GAP Constellation Blue polish I picked up, too! Check it out, if you like blue-green polishes. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...