Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Three-Color Vines
-->

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Stamping - Three-Color Vines


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's stamping challenge was to use three colors.  I assumed to use three colors in the stamp, but if was just three colors total, I went over that.  I am such an overachiever...

I started out with this pretty baby pink from Nails Inc, Mayfair Lane.

Nails Inc Mayfair Lane

I needed a little sparkle, so I topped it with Nails Inc Electric Lane, a scattered holo glitter topper.  So pretty and delicate!

Nails Inc Electric Lane, a scattered holo glitter topper

For the stamp, I chose this vine pattern from a plate that had no identifiers, save a large "L" in the corner.  I do like when these plates include a reversed image so that you can stamp the other hand and have the images look complimentary.  My nails aren't long enough to really have the orientation of most stamps make a difference, though.


I put a drop of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue-Away on top, then Grease Lightning, and then In Prompt Blue at the bottom, then swiped with my scraper before transferring the stamp, creating a sort of gradient.


In hindsight, though, maybe I should have switched the cobalt blue and the grey.  I'm pretty impressed with the stamping quality of the light blue, though, I have to say.  Insta-Dri polishes are known for stamping well, usually, but I haven't played with them much.


Bottle shot:  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue-Away, Grease Lightning, and In Prompt Blue in the back row, and Nails Inc Mayfair Lane and Electric Lane in the front.

Bottle shot:  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue-Away, Grease Lightning, and In Prompt Blue in the back row, and Nails Inc Mayfair Lane and Electric Lane in the front.

What do you think about using three colors in one stamp?  Which colors would you have used?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...